The NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigations as of 67 cases. 9 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes. Indictments as of 4 persons were sent to court. These are the results of NABU activities as of September 2020.
Among persons exposed on corruption there are:
- the Member of Parliament of Ukraine of the VIII convocation (Part 2 of Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine) and Deputy General Director of the Department of the “National Nuclear Power Generation Company (NNPGC) “Energoatom” SE ( Part 4 of Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine), who tried to give an improper advantage;
- the official of the Kharkiv District Administrative Court, exposed on the giving an improper advantage, who had pressured one of the judges of the Kharkiv District Administrative Court to rule decision in favour of a commercial company;
- the former Head of one of the units of the Logistics Department of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine of abuse of office, which caused almost UAH 1.8 mln damages to the State (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In particular, the notices of suspicion were given to the following persons:
- the acting Member of Parliament of Ukraine (also known as the Member of the Committee on Energy, Housing and Utilities Services), suspected of receiving an improper advantage and using of legitimate powers and responsibilities (Part 4 Article 368 and Part 4 Article 27 Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- the former SE Head and the Head of the Lease Relations Service of the “Boryspil International Airport” SE, suspected of causing more than UAH 16.5 million losses (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among the cases there are:
- the Member of Parliament, who illegally received from the state budget cash compensation payments in the amount of UAH 928 thousand for renting a room in the “Kyiv” Hotel (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- the ex-Head of the Main Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine, exposed for fraud and incitement to provide USD 150 thousand the ex-Director of the State Bureau of Investigation (Part 4 of Article 190, Part 2 of Article 15, Part 4 of Article 27, Part 4 of Article 369, Part 1 of Article 263 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- the Head of one of the Departments of the State Reserve Agency of Ukraine (SRAU), who incited the Heads of companies under the management of SRAU to give bribes to the SRAU Head (Part 4 Article 368, Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
Among cases sent to court in September there are cases:
- as of the facts of causing damages in the amount of UAH 9.3 million to the territorial community of Kyiv;
- as of the facts of submitting false data to e-declaration by the former first Deputy Head of the State Agency of Fisheries of Ukraine.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.